Monday, September 20, 2010

Mondays are sacred

I do not plan ahead. This is a place I am trying to make forward progress in my life, with little success. Case in point: Week One of My Highly Anticipated NFL Season is precisely the week I realized that I work Monday nights. This realization did not come, for instance, ALL SUMMER LONG when I've been saying MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL TO START SO I CAN WATCH IT ON MONDAY NIGHTS. I'm sure I even said that on a Monday night while swinging my feet happily, sitting in my chair at my desk AT WORK. And I'm sure I did it more than once.

But tonight is the last MNF I must miss because I changed my schedule. This is a sacrifice for me because I LOVE my Monday mornings. Not working until noon on Monday seems to expand the weekend exponentially. Tuesday mornings off just aren't as sweet. But Tuesday's what I've got now. This also means I can no longer attend my work's Tuesday morning wellness exercise class. Sacrificing my athleticism for the pros'? If wearing distracting t-shirts, letting out silent farts and wishing I were still in bed counts as athleticism, then yes I am sacrificing my Tuesday morning wellness athleticism. It's all for you, NFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment