Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Better Late than Never Discoveries: Butt Rock

Part of making forward progress in life is not being afraid to unabashedly throw yourself into "discovering" things that have been around for a while. So the rest of the world has known about sliced bread since the beginning of time, where were you? Who cares? It's new to you, SO GO TO TOWN!

Since watching (and loving) Megamind, the animated story of a villain who looks like a blue, big-headed Justin Timberlake and who really should have been a rock star instead (he prances around in black, spike-studded leather to tunes like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Highway to Hell"), I have gone on a total hair metal band kick, absorbing all the information I can find on AC/DC, Guns'n'Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, and I don't even know who else because I'm just starting to build my playlists! Any suggestions?

So why did I miss this crazy train when it first came around? I was in junior high and all the mean kids were listening to this "bad music." I hated them, so I hated the music. But now as a happy adult, I'm surrounded by peers and friends who have great memories tied to this music.

I want some great 80s memories too, so I'm making them now! Why not? Just because I missed the fun side of the 80s when they were here doesn't mean it has to stay that way. The music lives on!

No comments:

Post a Comment